As a personal trainer if you want to work with patients referred by medical practitioners, then this course is perfect.
Provider Lifetime Training
Qualification: Level 3 Lifetime Awarding Organisation Diploma in Exercise Referral
Category: GP Referral
Duration: Distance Learning & Five Day Intensive Module over a 3 month period
Price: Contact us for details Availability: Spaces Available
For personal trainers that want to pursue the exercise referral process, you will also gain knowledge on various diseases and their implications for exercise.
So learn how to design and deliver exercise programmes for people with illnesses like :
hypertension and hypercholesterolemia; diabetes and obesity; osteoporosis; back pain; and mental health.
This course is designed for Level 3 fitness professionals who want to :
- Broaden their client base
- Work with clients with low-medium risk medical conditions
- Specialise in Exercise Referral
- Work in Exercise Referral Schemes operated by local councils, PCTs and the private sector
- Become a Level 4 fitness professional
Pre-requisities / Entry Requirements
You will need to prove you have gained a REPs Level 3 personal trainer qualification within the last five years. If your qualification is older than five years you will need to prove you have maintained REPS register status during the entire period.
This Exercise referral course is taught as a combination of distance learning and a five-day intensive module. The self-study pack can be completed before attending the course to support your learning.
Modules include :
- Professional Practice and Government Policy
- Background to the Exercise Referral Process
- Establishing and Running an Exercise Referral Scheme
- Hypertension and Hypercholesterolemia
- Diabetes and obesity
- Arthritis, Osteoporosis and Back Pain
- Mental Health
- Asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
What Qualification Will I Get?
Level 3 Lifetime Awarding Organisation Diploma in Exercise Referral
Lifetime Diploma in Exercise Referral
This workshop will earn you 20 CPD points
Thank you for your enquiry for the course Exercise Referral Diploma - someone will get back to you shortly.