Exercise Register - REPs
The Register of Exercise Professionals (The REPs) is a government backed charity for the self-regulation for all fitness instructors, coaches, trainers and teachers involved in exercise and fitness.
What do Rep's do?
The aim of the the Register is to create a framework within which individual instructors can achieve the highest standards of professionalism linked to best practice in the exercise and fitness industry. Registration is achieved and maintained through the qualifications and training which are nationally recognised and which are linked to the National Occupational Standards for exercise and fitness.
The REPs exists because it is the only way we can demonstrate that, as fitness professionals, we are competent and qualified to do our job. The REPs is a central feature of the professionalism of the industry that is essential in giving our customers and our partners in the medical professions, the necessary level of confidence in the quality of our services.
Registration signifies that the Exercise Professional has met certain standards of good practice. The REPs encourages a properly qualified base of exercise professionals who:
- Have gained recognised and approved qualifications
- Can demonstrate competence in their working environment
- Are committed to Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Have appropriate public liability insurance for the level at which they are working
- Demonstrate commitment to the industry Code of Ethical Practice
There are currently 4 categories on the register:
- Level 1 / Student: Assistant Fitness Instructor
- Level 2: Fitness Instructor
- Level 3: Advanced Fitness Instructor
- Level 4: Clinical Practitioner
Many instructors and employers are finding that the fitness qualifications of their staff are not sufficient to gain access to the register. Lifetime's courses all lead to the recognised qualifications to enable instructors to access the register with top-up programmes available for experienced instructors whose current qualifications do not meet the requirements of the register.
The Register of Exercise Professionals
1st Floor,6 Graphite Square
tel: 0207 8401919